Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
My two cents about the reunion
07-03-2018, 07:36 PM
My two cents about the reunion
Hi
I’m new here. I’ve read all your comments about the re-union. I’ve watched the video about it and read newspapers all these years…My modest opinion is a bit different from the usual “wows” you can read…
I think KF finished in 2000, when Kathy left, and then John…It was over. Simply, nobody wanted to admit that.
The KF that made us dreaming was the band with 9 young sisters and brothers, no still touched and torn by life. They sang and inspired all our youth. Growing up, well, it was facing another step in life. Brothers doesn’t see eye to eye and sisters made theri lives (Angelo lyrics). Brother brother (Paddy’s song) is significative (as “one more song”). Paddy were always a step forward the others…
On the contrary, tell me why Still Nacht wasn’t a reunion!?
Well, now we have KF 2017/2018…So what? It seems more a commercial operation, pre-ordered to launch/ re-launch solo-careeres. It’s full of contradictions: every single cd by TKF contained new songs…Now? They are, for the most part, old songs….Perfectly sung, ‘cause they are all marvelous musicians, but…
You watch the concert of TKF 2017 and you see what? For me, it’s a commemoration of the past..a past built mostly on their stolen teens (Barby and Paddy, in particular, whose exploitation has been a shame, in my opinion).
Eccellent concerts, they all are wonderful musicians…but, that’s all. The words of Jimmy (“Maite, Paddy, Barby, we have built this town together”) is the only truth. It’s a city already built, not repetable.
Paddy sings only his own songs nowadays (An angel, mama… and so on…the most part of TKF success). It’s more correct. So is Maite.
Maite and Paddy decisione to not join the project is the more correct and wise choice. That Kelly Family is over.
Everyone loves the idea to find again those 9 boys and girls on stage: because everyone loves his/her own youth. But they don’t exist anymore. They simply can’t be nowadays *those* 9 siblings. Time passes. Paddy is Michael Patrick: the most indicative choice. We all grow up and past is to be left.
I don’twant to be misunderstood: I really like the idea of concerts by the siblings…but this is not KellyFamily: it’s a different project. They changed their label when Kathy and John left: it became Kellbro (previuos kellfam). They should have changed also the band name and accept the change.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My two cents about the reunion - Unica - 07-03-2018 07:36 PM