Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Maite and german
05-28-2016, 08:44 PM
RE: Maite and german
Well, I'm not on Facebook and I don't read the posts there, to be honest. So I don't really know what her writing there is like. But... Listening to Maite speak German I always notice a lot of little mistakes. In the credits to her German songs she states a co-author. So I think they probably corrected the errors she made in the lyrics. I can imagine that she has someone behind the scenes to at least correct the worst mistakes in the posts (but as I've said: I don't read her posts, so I don't really know).

Their bad writing skills btw is one of the reasons I'm so sceptical towards homeschooling. They speak four or five languages each, burt none of them grammatically correct. Wink (see that other thread about homeschooling lifestyle, oh and the years old one about bad English in their lyrics...).

Although what makes it even sadder is that Maite is the only one who actually went to school (for anyone new to the fandom: in 2000, Maite spent some time in America to go to high school there because she wanted to prove something to the world and herself), so she should have the best English skills of all of her family... Sad
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Red Shoes for this post:
Doctor Zivago (03-01-2017)
06-12-2016, 06:59 PM
Okay, this was Maite's facebook post from 11. April of this year:

Patricia You can be Praud of yourself ....
In Life it is not abaut being Perfeckt Its abaut being Human with all our vurnubilieties and doubts and still going for your dream no matter how crazy they seem.... because dreams help you Hold on when things seem to fall apart!
Don't forgett !!!!Your Beautiful sis!!!!!!!!

I think it should be more like:

Patricia, you can be proud of yourself....
In life, it's not about being perfect. It's about being human with all of our vulnerabilities and doubts; and still going for your dream no matter how crazy they seem. Dreams help you hold on when things seem to fall apart!
Don't forget!!!

Your beautiful sis!!! (??? - or......"You're beautiful sis!!!" ????)

I still think music was put ahead of schooling for them, that is why their grammar for every language is so bad. Sad
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to dresdenanachronism for this post:
Doctor Zivago (03-01-2017), _Mai_ (11-07-2016)
06-12-2016, 10:19 PM
It's really odd because....doesn't she have a spellcheck on her facebook?
06-14-2016, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2016 08:05 PM by Red Shoes.)
Jeez! That's really...

Well, some things might actually be explained with German. E.g. "Praud" and "abaut" is exactly how the words be written if they were German. Also her tendency to capitalize random words could stem from the German rule of capitalizing all nouns (even though it wasn't just nouns).

Also, I remamber on the HomeRun DVD, there was a brief glimpse of her written lyrics of "Break the walls" and she wrote "brake the walls"... So, it's not even a recent thing with her... Sad
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Red Shoes for this post:
Doctor Zivago (03-01-2017)