Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
2013 Reports Kathy.
01-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Smile 2013 Reports Kathy.
Hopefully we'll read some nice reports here this year. Ylinlove

Have fun to all who'll see Kathy this year. ok

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 11:00 AM by Spire.)
RE: 2013 Reports Kathy.
As promised, here comes my report about Kathy’s concert with the Riverside Gospel Choir on 17 March 2013 in St. Johannes Nepomuk Church in Eberbach.

The concert was supposed to start at 6 pm, entrance to the Church began at 5 pm. When I came there at 5 o’clock there were already many people, more ‘older’ people silent (let’s say 40+) and only few younger ones. Nevertheless, there was some pushing at the Church entrance anyway Bangshead and I was like: Hello everyone, this is a CHURCH! shock I just don’t understand such people… I sat in row 8 and still had a great view on everything that was going on in front. I suppose the concert was sold out because every possible seat was filled and it was really crowdy.

Then we waited for an unbelievable long time (only about an hour but it seemed like ages!)…

At 6 o’clock we heard the Church bells but still no concert beginning. Then, a few minutes after six, the choir came on ‘stage’ and the choir leader welcomed everyone and explained that they wanted to wait with the start until the Church bell was finished. He also explained that normally in the weeks before Easter – in the so-called Passiontide in the Christian liturgical year – there is no Hallelujah to be sang in Church (I didn’t know that) and that they are going to respect that and that they will not sing any Hallelujah song. He said that he spoke with Kathy’s husband who is French and that he said that in France they still do sing Hallelujah in Church during this this time of year… (Is Vincent working with Kathy? It must have a reason why the leader of the choir talked with him… and no, he didn’t say ‘ex’-husband… Nixweiss )

The choir started with three songs alone and they were good. And then the pianist started with “Who’ll come with me” and that was the moment when Kathy came on stage. So she started with this song and my heartbeat already fastened. Aniheart I can’t remember all the songs she sang and I didn’t know many of them but she sang “You raise me up”, “Wearing of the green”, “Sally Garden”, “Star of the County Dawn”, “Yo the quiero”, “Ares Qui” (in this one I really missed the boys’ voices woeful ) and then she made me cry. crying I can’t explain why. I guess it was just one of those moments: her voice, a lot of memories, the Spanish version of “An Angel” and this beautiful Church… Tears were coming… (and I really cry extremely seldom).

Kathy played accordion, violin and guitar, and she is accompanied on her tour by a pianist (I think his name was Andy).

She also sang a song from the Tosca opera and when she said she would sing this song now, I was like ‘oh no’ scream , that was the moment I feared the most because I don’t like operas and sometimes I don’t like if she sings that high. But it was ok, just one song and she didn’t even use the microphone… Roflmao

After a break the choir started again with three songs and then Kathy came back. She sang her solo songs and some more songs I didn’t know the names of. Afterwards she sang together with choir “Go tell it on the mountains”, “Let it shine” (I’m not sure it that’s the right name of the song) and “Amen” and the whole Church was singing and clapping. It was really amazing! music She looked very happy and she said that “Thank you” a couple of times and that we were a great audience. flower This was the end of the “official” concert.

The leader of the choir said that he had talked with Kathy before and that she agreed to fulfill a big wish of him and so the two of them sang together her song “Engelsmensch”… He seemed so happy Roflmao (but I didn’t really like his voice silent ).

Afterwards there was one last song which for me is just a German Church song but I learned that it is called “Irische Segenswünsche” (Irish blessing wishes) and the whole Church sang it together with Kathy and the choir. music

In total, the concert lasted three hours with a break of about twenty minutes.

After the concert most of the people went straight home but Kathy came out, sat down in one of the rows and signed her CDs. She looked tired but still was very polite. yes She made me speechless shock (like Joey) and I just said “Hello” and “Thank you” and got my ‘Still in Love’ CD signed.

I must say I really enjoyed the concert. Of course it is not comparable to the boys’ concerts but I liked it a lot and I will go to her concerts when it is close to my hometown. What I missed – in comparison to her siblings’ concerts’ – she doesn’t talk much… She just announced the songs and only once mentioned something ‘personal’ when she said that her first language was Spanish and that their father spoke English with them but, since they were children and lived in Spain at that time, they always answered him in Spanish.

One funny thing I almost forgot: Between songs she said that she really likes this region of Germany and that Eberbach (where the concert took place) would be in Rheinland-Pfalz (one of the sixteen German federal states). silent And everyone was like: NOOOO, it isn’t. Eberbach belongs to another one (Baden-Württemberg). We all laughed and she laughed too and said ‘Oh no, I guess I can’t undo that’. Roflmao
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 8 users say Thank You to Spire for this post:
an_angel (03-20-2013), Corry (03-19-2013), Dionne (03-19-2013), Krisztina (03-19-2013), littlesister (03-20-2013), LovemusicofSweden (03-19-2013), Luspa (03-19-2013), Phoebs (03-19-2013)
03-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Thank you @Spire for this nice detailed report!
It surprised me a lot that also here there was pushing at the entrance. So not only by the boys. Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Krisztina for this post:
Spire (03-19-2013)
03-19-2013, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013 11:16 AM by Spire.)
(03-19-2013 11:05 AM)Krisztina Wrote:  Thank you @Spire for this nice detailed report!

I hope not too detailed. shock
03-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks Spire.
Im glad to read you enjoyed Kathys concert yes

[Image: Key2LifeSep2012176-1_zps02668f8e.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to CoverTheRoad for this post:
Spire (03-19-2013)
03-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Thank you @Spire for your report. Ylinlove

I`m glad you enjoyed the concert. yes Indeed it`s a bit different her concerts then the boys`s and also Patricia`s. She talks less then her siblings, but she can make a great atmosphere with her songs.music
We also liked her and if we will have more opportunities in the future we will go to her concerts.Smile

[Image: paddysig5.jpg]

www.okkwebmedia.ro
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to okki for this post:
Spire (03-19-2013)
03-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Thank you Spire, it's a great report. flower

I was a bit suprised when I read that he said that he had spoken to Kathy's husband..thinker Are they a couple? I didn't know that.. Happy
03-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Many thanks for your lovely report @Spire Ylinlove I'm very glad that you've enjoyed Kathy's concert Ylinlove
Did she sang "Sick Man" while she played the violin?

03-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Thank you @Spire Ylinloveflower

...I travel not to escape Life, but for Life not to escape me...
03-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Hello Spire and everyone here, I`m new!

thank you for your detailed report - I was on the concert in Eberbach, too!! Roflmao
It was a really wonderful evening, especially because it was my first concert of the Kelly Family, although I love the Kellys since the age of 6 or 7. And now I`m 25 thinker
I was sitting in the 5th row and I could`t sit quite untill Kathy came out, too.
In all I can`t complete your report, you said all and all your sentences could be mine (but my englisch is not so good like yours Wink).

When Kathy began with "an Angel" in Spain, tears roll down my cheeks and I couldn´t hold them. First because of the many feelings, memories, excitement and most I was missing Paddy in this moment, because its HIS SONG and I missed his voice Aniheart. But Kathy did it great. And I love when she`s playing the violin like in "Sally Garden".

But one point I have to add, because you didn`t mentioned, that it was raining outside. And therefore all went into church quickly. I´m thinking so. thinker
But I get angry when I was in the entrance (in the church) and wanted to buy a ticket (because I heared of the concert only one day before) and a women complained about me why I`m staying here. I explained, that I have to buy a ticket and she means, why I couldn`t get it earlier and when I`m not interested in all concertdates to inform, why I`m coming so spontaneously. She was really angry with me and I really didn`t know what to answer scream
But ok, I got my ticket, were sitting on a great place in the near of the stage, had a good sight and sound (next to the loudspeaker Wink), kind people next to me and at last I got a autograph of Kathy Pray. But I couldn´t speak to her too, because there were to many people and she looked very tired so I didn`t want to hold her up.
But it was even a great feeling to sit in her near and listen her talking with the people.

But back to another thing: I also get great eyes, when the "leader" talked about Kathys husband. But he didn`t mention his name and so I thought, maybe it was the men who sold me the ticket (and the CD`s)!??! Because he had an accent in his german; a little bit like Kathy ;-)
And yes, you`re right, Kathy is touring with Andy Recktenwald. He has done a good job, too.

One I want to tell at last: I was so lucky, when I heared, that some girls drived 2h with their car to Eberbach only to be on Kathys concert and I was at home in less than 10 minutes. And I nearly missed it...
And now I`m angry with myself wasted the opportunity of Paddys "Agape" concert in Würzburg and the "Stille-Nacht-Tour" in Mannheim last year Next time, when somebody of the Kellys will come in our area I`ll be there - at all events!! yes

Kathy did it great and now I want more! Rofl

Heaven in my heart, heaven in my soul, oh yeah...
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to littlesister for this post:
an_angel (03-20-2013), Corry (03-19-2013), Dionne (03-19-2013), LovemusicofSweden (03-19-2013), Luspa (03-20-2013)
03-20-2013, 10:07 AM
@littlesister thank you very much for your lovely report. flower I'm happy that you had such a wonderful evening Ylinlove
It has been your first Kelly-concert, but hopefully from now on you'll have the chance to see them more often. ok

03-20-2013, 10:21 AM
First of all, welcome @Littlesister.hallo

Thank you for your nice report, I`m glad you had a great time at the concert.yes
Hope that you will have more opportunities to see the the Kellys in the future.Pray

[Image: paddysig5.jpg]

www.okkwebmedia.ro
02-16-2014, 04:54 PM
I'm going to go and dress right now for Kathy's concert in Hamm. My bus will go in an hour, and then the concert'll be at 19:30. hurray
Will report back of course!
02-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Have fun Big Grin

[Image: idZ7.png]

~*~ 20.05.17 - The Kelly Family - Dortmund ~*~

...Don´t give up, when things go wrong...

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mrs Speechless for this post:
Red Shoes (02-16-2014)
02-16-2014, 05:10 PM
Enjoy it!

[Image: 28qg.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Phoebs for this post:
Red Shoes (02-16-2014)
02-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Have fun tonight!! Ylinlove

♪♫*• ❤ •*♫♪ 10-05-2014 Angelo Kelly, Kolding
♪♫*• ❤ •*♫♪ 07-03-2014 Paddy Kelly, Duisburg
♪♫*• ❤ •*♫♪ 01-12-2013 Jimmy Kelly, Hamburg
♪♫*• ❤ •*♫♪ 19-10-2013 Paddy Kelly, Brøndby
♪♫*• ❤ •*♫♪ 22-06-2013 Paddy Kelly, Odense

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to LovemusicofSweden for this post:
Red Shoes (02-16-2014)
02-16-2014, 08:21 PM
En joy it...music

Fall once, fall twice, I'm sure you'll fall again,get back on your feet, that's all that counts in the end...
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to an_angel for this post:
Red Shoes (02-16-2014)
02-16-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm back, it was great! I'll have to see when I'll be able to write a detailed report.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Red Shoes for this post:
Dionne (02-17-2014), LovemusicofSweden (02-17-2014), Mrs Speechless (02-17-2014)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kathy Reports 2012 Corry 4 1,886 05-06-2012 02:20 PM
Last Post: January
Wink Reports Kathy's Tour 2010. Corry 10 2,744 08-21-2011 03:35 PM
Last Post: _PaTRiCia_
Wink REPORTS Kathy Tour 2009 madziulka 122 16,048 11-24-2009 09:41 PM
Last Post: okki