Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Grace & Kelly
04-17-2016, 07:55 PM
Grace & Kelly
I was going through the shops the other day actually wanting to buy a DVD and I saw that Patricia had released a new album called Grace & Kelly (ooohhh, name games...). I hadn't even realised that she had been recording a new album... Sadly, since I have work I've been lacking the time to get informed the way I used to...

Anyway, I bought it (because since I have work I have got the money to do so Big Grin ). And I have to say: Jesus freaking Christ, she wrote some heavy stuff there!
The songs are recorded with a full band and are somewhat jazzy but not to the extent of A New Room. Not bad but I think I need to get used to the songs. But the lyrics are really ... disconcerting...

To anyone who owns this album: What do you think? Especially about the lyrics?
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2016, 03:56 PM
RE: Grace & Kelly
I think the lyrics are really good. They are honest, they are about real life in all its rawness but also about love. I think you can tell they came straight from the deepest parts of her soul and I admire her courage to release them the way they were first written. I am very happy that she made this CD without the influence of record companies etc as it keeps her songs as pure as she meant them to be. Listening to the CD brings up a lot of emotions, especially when you turn all your attention to it. But sometimes that's just what I need to be able to let go if something is bothering me. I love it!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to daisymeadows for this post:
Red Shoes (04-19-2016)
04-21-2016, 04:17 AM
I really wish I could afford to get it! I enjoyed the music video she just put out. It's great.
04-28-2016, 02:45 PM
This cd is as gracefull as Patrícia. The lyrics are pure emotional and true to the feelings. I love it Babydustmusic

[Image: idZ7.png]

~*~ 20.05.17 - The Kelly Family - Dortmund ~*~

...Don´t give up, when things go wrong...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mrs Speechless for this post:
Megi (04-28-2016)
03-11-2017, 07:18 PM
This is a VERY GREAT album with touches of contemporary jazz,rock, folk and blues. 'They Cut Me Down' is the best on the record.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user