Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
On Tuesday, the Ottawa Redblacks introduced Henry Burris as their newest quarterback,
07-11-2019, 02:45 AM
On Tuesday, the Ottawa Redblacks introduced Henry Burris as their newest quarterback,
On Tuesday, the Ottawa Redblacks introduced Henry Burris as their newest quarterback, joining Thomas DeMarco and Kevin Glenn, who were picked up in the expansion draft. Cheap Juventus FC Jerseys . Last week, the Blue Bombers made a substantial multi-year offer to Burris to take over the starters role. In a telling move, the veteran pivot turned down the offer, choosing instead to join the expansion Redblacks, assuming he thinks they offer a better chance at immediate success. Do you agree? Are the Redblacks a better option than the Blue Bombers right now? Last season, the Blue Bombers struggled to a 3-15 season and replaced head coach Tim Burke with Mike OShea, the likeable special teams coordinator from the Toronto Argonauts. Marcel Bellefeuille is back as the offensive coordinator, a position he took over last August. Changes are happening in the Manitoba capital in hopes of turning things around in short order. And in a league the size of the CFL, teams have gone from worst to competitive on many occasions so the Blue Bombers could very well make the playoffs as early as next season. Expansion teams rarely compete for a playoff spot In Ottawa, winning is not expected to come quickly. With a roster made up of players who were left exposed by existing teams in the expansion draft, it will take some time to build a successful organization. Thats what makes this move surprising. At 38 years of age, Burris window to win is small and yet, he decided the Redblacks offered a better opportunity than the Blue Bombers. Secondly, by making the offer to Burris after his release from the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, the Blue Bombers made it clear who their starting quarterback would be in Week 1. There would be competition in training camp but the job would be his to lose. The situation is not so clear cut in the nations capital. Burris will have fellow veteran Glenn, who likely thought he had the inside track on the starters role before Tuesdays move, and De Marco, likely the quarterback of the future, to contend with. While the early nod may go to Burris, the other two candidates bring their own talents to the table and will be gunning for that top job. Many factors go into making the kind of decision Burris made on Tuesday and winning is usually at or near the top of the list for professional athletes. Taking everything into consideration, Burris decided Ottawa was a better fit than Winnipeg. Do you agree? Which team do you think offers the best opportunity to win now: Redblacks or Blue Bombers? As always, its Your! Call. Cheap Italy Jerseys .C. -- Kurt Busch put his chances at "70 per cent" at running the Indianapolis 500 this year because of recent developments that have pushed a potential program along. Cheap Atletico Madrid FC Jerseys .J. - Trying to learn and absorb the new West Coast offence being installed by new offensive co-ordinator Ben McAdoo, the New York Giants wrapped their final organized team activity Thursday before a three-day mini-camp next week. http://www.cheapsoccerjerseysoutlet.com/...fc-jerseys .com) - Ben Lovejoy tallied a goal and an assist as the Anaheim Ducks cruised into the All-Star break with a 6-3 victory against the Calgary Flames.Less than two months after her third round submission victory over Miesha Tate at UFC 168, womens bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey is set to once again step into the cage and defend her title. Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Though it is unusual to contest fights so close together, Rousey tells TSN.ca that she is more than ready to climb back into the octagon. "I started camp in shape so I was already impatient for the fight weeks ago," said Rousey to TSN.ca. "Last camp I came from the movies and had to get into shape. This camp I started in shape, so even though its really soon, I feel like could have fought even sooner." Despite the shorter training camp, the 27-year-old fighter hasnt altered much of her preparation heading into the fight. "We follow the same structure for every fight," said Rousey. "We work on different things according to who Im going to be fighting. We play it by ear, day by day depending on how Im feeling." For the first time in her MMA career, the Riverside, California native was foorced to go longer than the first round to earn a victory, in her second fight against Tate. Cheap Tottenham Hotspur FC Jerseys. She feels that the extra time in the cage allowed her to confirm things about her fighting skills that she already knew, but never had the opportunity to display. "It was a good experience for me to be able to fight out of the first round because I felt that I wasnt getting tired as the rounds went on," said Rousey. "I felt like I was actually improving as the rounds went on. I was actually getting better, more disciplined and more technical as the rounds went on." "I got to show everyone that I do fight really well from my back, even though everyone assumed that I dont. Its good for me to prove it to myself even though I knew I was capable, it was good for me to experience acting it out in that setting." As far as fighting McMann, who enters the fight with an undefeated record and an amateur wrestling background, Rousey will be ready for any style she has to fight. "I always prepare for a five round brawl no matter who it is, I never walk out assuming Im going to win in 30 seconds," said Rousey. "I adapt to whatever my opponents tendencies are and Im always trying to improve myself as well." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Dallas Cowboys have reportedly added an insurance quarterback in case starter Ton jokergreen0220 0 25 07-04-2019 03:54 AM
Last Post: jokergreen0220
  Norway won both cross-country sprints on Tuesday at the Sochi 2014 Olympics, with Ola jokergreen0220 0 27 06-29-2019 04:03 AM
  OTTAWA -- The Ottawa Senators have signed defenceman Mark Borowiecki to a US$3. [url= jokergreen0220 0 32 06-29-2019 03:39 AM