Rate Thread
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
Barby is......
06-23-2015, 06:56 AM
RE: Barby is......
I don't remember how I perceived her when I first started listening to the Kelly Family. I was a kid back then and it was so long ago. Now that I've grown up, I consider her to be the most artistic member of the whole family. Her songs are so brutally honest and painful. I've noticed that she writes two kinds of songs. The first kind are songs that are simply straight forward about her (She Is Crazy, Sweetest Angel...), and the second kind are songs full of rich imagery that reveal a wide imagination and ability to narrate a whole story through so little words (Like A Queen, Hooks...). She always knew that something was wrong with her, and she never tried to hide it, or present herself as something she is not. True art cannot lie. I cannot listen to the song Sweetest Angel with a dry eye. I know it's not for me to say, but I always wondered if she would have been better if she left the performing and the stage earlier, and dedicated herself to healing earlier and better. By the time Growin' Up was out, she was gone! I just hope she found peace and happiness now, even if that means we never see her perform on stage again, or hear a song she has written. She was to fragile for so much cruelty in the world incorporated in all the burden the fame brings.
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GoldDust for this post:
Pauline (08-03-2015)