We don't know that, we can just guess. Nixweiss

[Image: 28qg.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Phoebs for this post:
Ares Qui (04-13-2014)
08-31-2014, 03:00 AM
RE: How is she?
I just hope it's not schizofrenia (I've read some rummors), because that kind of illness is just too hard to handle with, for the people who are having it, as well as the people who are trying to be there for them. She didn't deserve such a life, for sure.

I would call myself some kind of profesional when we are talking about dissasees in general, and in some videos of Barby I've watched (from late period of the band), It's obvious that she is having difficulties with concentration, with tone of her speech, with her mood, and things like that, but, when I've heard she's having health problems, I've hoped it's "just" a depression, because of loss of their father, and not something worse.

Unfortunatley, some words from John and Patricia, I've read here, leaving no doubt that problem is much more serious and long lasting. But, I hope she's aware of all love and support her family is giving her, as well as the fans of the band from all across the world. It would be the most beautifull thing in the world If she would ever collect enough strength to sing to us once again. flower
08-31-2014, 07:47 AM
(08-31-2014 03:00 AM)AgentTajneSile Wrote:  I've hoped it's "just" a depression, because of loss of their father, and not something worse.

It started many many years before Dan's death unfortunately...
But I am mostly sure it's schizophrenia. But people with the right kind of medicines and if the illness is of milder form, can live a perfectly normal life. The problem it when they have a more serious form of it or/and don't take medicines (which are bound to take for life, unfortunately). I do believe she has it, because she always made that impression that she lives in her own world... which is typical for this disease.
Well.... all we do here it's speculation.. we can't know what is really going on.
And I do agree, she definately didn't deserve this at all. woeful

[Image: 28qg.jpg]
10-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Hello! Have someone some late videos with Barby from ''Stille Nacht''?
I could found the only one on youtube. woeful
12-15-2014, 12:03 AM
I have so much love for this little lady. What an artist... I can only speculate, like all of us do, but I do believe she has schizophrenia. This illness is only very, VERY hard if left untreated. When treated with right medications, it can be reduced to the point that the person suffering from it can lead their lives with almost zero consequences. I don't want to hit on anybody's nerve, I REALLY don't, but with all that info in the media, and speculations from fans... I've heard that the family opted to avoid medical treatment whatsoever, and pray and take her to spiritual healers instead. In my opinion, that is not right if it's true, but then, who am I to judge anyone's actions... I just wish her all the good in the world.
12-15-2014, 01:37 AM
(10-28-2014 06:12 PM)Llyn Wrote:  Hello! Have someone some late videos with Barby from ''Stille Nacht''?

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajs6ZIhNDd8
10-16-2015, 09:54 PM
(12-15-2014 01:37 AM)MyGoldenRetriever Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 06:12 PM)Llyn Wrote:  Hello! Have someone some late videos with Barby from ''Stille Nacht''?

Here you go:

It's gone again, I wasn't able to find it anywhere recently. Any kind soul willing to share?
12-05-2015, 12:08 AM
(10-16-2015 09:54 PM)insilence Wrote:  
(12-15-2014 01:37 AM)MyGoldenRetriever Wrote:  

Here you go:

It's gone again, I wasn't able to find it anywhere recently. Any kind soul willing to share?

Trying to find it, but I can't. I was watching it not too long ago... :
12-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Okay I know I'm gonna make myself unpopular with this but I have to say it anyway.... Have you ever thought about the posibility that Barby doesn't want people to see these videos and has them taken down for this reason? Honestly just let her be!

Do Small Things With Great Love. - Mother Teresa
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Kelly Family
23.06.1995 - Trabrennbahn Wels - 29.12.1997 - Boschhalle Wels
Paddy
20.12.2013 - St.Pölten - 26.06.2015 - SimmCity Wien
03-15-2017, 12:26 PM
there is 1 thing i can't figure out:

between 1995 and 2000 barby was very down and very unhappy onstage. but still she was there and sang her songs with her family.
and then her last concert was rastatt 24-4-2000 and after that she was gone. why in 2000 and not in 1995?

she was onstage in amsterdam 2002 and oostende 2001...

i hope somebody knows the answer....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128088353@N02/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2017, 11:31 PM
(03-15-2017 12:26 PM)Pauline Wrote:  there is 1 thing i can't figure out:

between 1995 and 2000 barby was very down and very unhappy onstage. but still she was there and sang her songs with her family.
and then her last concert was rastatt 24-4-2000 and after that she was gone. why in 2000 and not in 1995?

I don't think anyone *knows* the answer, we can only speculate. But I do think there was probably a lot of pressure in the years of the great success to stay together. I know it didn't stop Jimmy from taking a break but, you know, people are different...

And the Kellys said on multiple occasions that none of them were really happy during that time. And yet, they carried on because they probably felt they didn't have a choice.

That's at least a plausible answer. Whether it's the truth or not, only Barby knows. Nixweiss
03-31-2017, 11:10 AM
https://www.promiflash.de/news/2017/03/3...ellys.html

Article 30.03.2017!

"Kelly Family" -Comeback: What are the 3 missing Kellys?

Maite (37), Paddy (39) and Barby (41) - these are the three band members who unfortunately are not part of the Kelly Family comeback. While six of the original nine musicians have just signed back with "Nanana", many a fan asks why Maite, Paddy and Barby really shine by their absence. In the case of Maite and Paddy, other commitments are the reason why they are not on the stage with their siblings. Both focus on their solo careers - as a percussionist and while singing my song.

Her older sister, Barby Kelly, can not go through with health again. Barby, who left the band in the mid-1990s, is mentally ill. "I do not want to go into too much detail here, but frankly that this is a serious matter that has been treated with strong pharmaceuticals and under medical supervision for years," her brother Jimmy Kelly (46) 2013 in a Facebook statement.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2017, 02:32 PM
(03-31-2017 11:10 AM)Corry Wrote:  https://www.promiflash.de/news/2017/03/3...ellys.html

Article 30.03.2017!

"Kelly Family" -Comeback: What are the 3 missing Kellys?

Maite (37), Paddy (39) and Barby (41) - these are the three band members who unfortunately are not part of the Kelly Family comeback. While six of the original nine musicians have just signed back with "Nanana", many a fan asks why Maite, Paddy and Barby really shine by their absence. In the case of Maite and Paddy, other commitments are the reason why they are not on the stage with their siblings. Both focus on their solo careers - as a percussionist and while singing my song.

Her older sister, Barby Kelly, can not go through with health again. Barby, who left the band in the mid-1990s, is mentally ill. "I do not want to go into too much detail here, but frankly that this is a serious matter that has been treated with strong pharmaceuticals and under medical supervision for years," her brother Jimmy Kelly (46) 2013 in a Facebook statement.

What? Wait! Barby did not left the band in the mid-1990's!

[Image: drum2.gif]

Illusions
04-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Obviously not written by a Kelly fan! Tongue

Today you are you!
That is truer than true!
There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
08-12-2017, 09:28 AM
(03-15-2017 12:26 PM)Pauline Wrote:  there is 1 thing i can't figure out:

I believe the reason why she don't left the stage earlier is because she also loved to be on stage and I heard she did not want to disappoint her fans in this times.

Anyhow I miss her and I love the old recordings from her in streetlife time. Aniheart